- Good with numbers and finance?
- Thrilled by the idea of an accurate, well organised spreadsheet?
- Confident in using computers and Excel?
Our Treasurers come from all sorts of backgrounds, from family budgeting to managing the books for a yard to high finance. We are looking for people with the time and experience to carry out their role, but knowledge of the BHS or even horses isn't necessarily essential.
You will be the steward of the committee’s finances, as well as being responsible for the day-to-day financial record keeping and reporting you will help your committee to plan and budget for the future, finding ways to use the money they raise to effectively deliver our charitable objectives locally.
You will need:
- Access to a computer with internet access and the Microsoft Excel Programme
- Experience of keeping books, budgeting and working with online banks
- A couple of hours' worth of time spread over the month to check in with your committee, keep the books and action expenses
- To take responsibility for keeping your committee's accounts and expenditure in line with our Financial Regulations and policies
- A basic understanding of the BHS and what we do and an interest in helping your committee achieve their goals by looking after their accounts
We are looking to fill Treasurer roles in the following areas:
- North East Wales
- East Yorkshire
- Grampian in Scotland
Take a look at the full Treasurer Role profile (pdf) to find out more about what is involved. If you would like to apply, please complete and return a Volunteer Enquiry Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.