- A good organiser, good at listening and taking notes?
- Great with people, helping them connect and work together?
- A great written communicator, good at finding just the right thing to say or communicating a big idea simply?
In many cases Secretaries are the heart of a committee. They help the committee to stay connected and informed between meetings, they take and share the minutes and action points of the meetings and introduce new members to the team. Secretaries usually organise and set up committee meetings and refreshments.
In conjunction with the Chairman you will ensure the smooth running of the committee throughout the year.
You will need:
- To be a good administrator and organiser
- To have access to a computer with internet access and a telephone
- To be confident in using Microsoft Word and have the ability to produce accurate, typed minutes within a couple of weeks of each meeting.
- Time to organise, set up and attend each committee meeting (at least four a year) and check your email regularly to ensure the committee stays connected and well informed
- To take responsibility for following our policies and data protection guidance to keep the information you hold about the committee secure
Secretary roles are currently vacant in the following areas:
- East Yorkshire
- Isle of Wight
- North East Yorkshire
- North West Wales
- West Yorkshire
- South East Wales
Please take a look at the full Local Secretary Role Proflie (pdf) to find out more about what is involved. If you would like to apply please complete a Volunteer Enquiry Form and return to email@example.com