Assistant Yard Manager
Lee Valley Riding Centre, Lea Bridge Road, London
£16,862 - £19,620 per annum
Monday to Sunday shift rota
Lee Valley Riding Centre in Leyton, East London, is a BHS accredited riding school, training centre and livery yard. Our riding school has 60 horses and ponies working at a variety of levels for riders from complete beginners to BHS Stage 3.
We are keen to hear from those who have experience of working in a commercial riding school. You will provide riding lessons and lectures to customers and Working Pupils. You will assist in leading our team of staff to provide the best possible care to our horses. Working unsupervised under the guidance of our Yard Manager, you meet deadlines, work reliably and responsibly and be a key part of our dedicated team. There will be some sole charge, with the support of an experienced senior team. An ability to develop a rapport and create a positive experience for customers is a must, as are great communication skills to enable you to engage with our wider team of livery yard managers, riding instructors, customer service assistants and working pupils.
• Assisting with the organisation and running of the stable yard, with particular emphasis on the care and welfare of riding school horses and ensuring that the facilities are efficiently and practically run
• Teach class and private lessons to riders of a variety of abilities
• Prepare our Working Pupils for BHS assessments, including planning and delivering their training programme
• In conjunction with the Yard Manager, assist with a programme to safeguard the health and welfare of all horses at the Centre
• Managing a team of staff, overseeing shifts, planning rotas and providing training
• Supervising and undertaking all manual tasks associated with the running of a stable yard, working as part of the team to achieve consistent standards to deadlines
• Providing overnight cover as required
Successful applicants will be required to obtain a Disclosure Certificate from the Criminal Records Bureau, for which assistance will be given.
If you feel that you have the right blend of personality and skills for this role please apply email firstname.lastname@example.org or The HR Team, Myddelton House, Bulls Cross, Enfield, EN2 9HG.
Closing date: 27 September 2017
We reserve the right to amend the closing date of this vacancy
We are an equal opportunities employer
No Agencies please