The farm sits in 40 acres of pasture with beautiful views overlooking the Dee Estuary. We offer full livery, floodlit 30x60m arena, purpose built monarch stables and individual attention. A cottage is available for horsey holidays and short term stays are welcome.
Please use these directions – there is a weight restriction further up the lane of
3.5 tonnes. Don’t be tempted to come cross-country!!
(Please note, the postcode does not take you exactly to the farm)
If you get lost call Claire Harrison on 07780 556535.
1. From A55 – Caerwys turn (J31), take the exit for Holywell, and pass McDonalds on your left (A5026)
2. Continue through Lloc and go down the hill
3. Pass the turning for the Trout Farm and continue along the road, past the Halfway House Pub on your right and towards the outskirts of Holywell. The road is pretty straight and on a bit of a right handed bend turn left by the fire station. This road takes you down the hill towards Tesco.
Before you get to Tesco take the first left towards Greenfield, past St Winifred’s well. Follow this road all the way down to the traffic lights (you will be facing the Packet Pub). Turn left onto the coast road (A548).
4. Go along here for a mile or so until you see the Fun Ship (big white ship – not very funny) and Abakhan craft centre on your right. Immediately opposite the Abakhan entrance is a road to the left signposted the Trout Farm.
Take this left turn; follow the road for about 300 yards past Kinsale Golf Range and take the next left, also signposted for the Trout Farm. This is Downing Road
5. Go up the hill about 200 yards where you will see a yellow salt bin on your left – the farm is exactly opposite on the right with big stone walls. Turn up the drive on the left hand side and through the gate towards the yard. Pass to the left of the stone barn and towards the steel frame buildings ahead. Parking will be organised there.
Horse vehicles go to the left of the stone cottage and cars to the right into the yard in front of the cottage. Leaves more space for the bigger vehicles
6. Coming from J32 Holywell turn
7. Go into the centre of Holywell, past the cottage hospital, bearing right in the town centre, past Tesco on your right and then next right down into Greenfield. Directions as above once you reach the A548 traffic lights