MIDDLE WOODBATCH FARM
A Horses Welcome Establishment
Friendly and relaxed four star B&B on a working livestock farm dating back to the 1700s. Located on the Shropshire/Wales border, near the small market town of Bishops Castle, in a designated area of outstanding natural beauty. We are fortunate to be close to an extensive network of bridleways that include the Jack Mytton Way, the Kerry Ridgeway and the new Blue Remembered Hills bridleway, which comes right through our farmyard. Our location allows you to ride vast open hills, quiet country lanes and secluded forest and woodland trails. Our many and varied riding options have something for everyone.
For the horses
- Spacious 16x12ft stables, with excellent lighting and good drainage
- Large cattle yards, great for those who require more indoor space, or for small groups of horses to be housed together. From £10 per horse, per night for stabling.
- Deep straw beds or shavings on request
- Unlimited turnout. From £5 per horse, per night for turnout.
- Wide tape electric fenced paddocks can be erected to separate horses or to restrict grazing
- Horse wash area
- Secure tack and feed room
- Spare guests grooming kit
- Ample parking for trailers and lorries
- Nearby tack and feed shop for those forgotten essentials.
Four star Visit Wales inspected accommodation.
- Make yourself at home in our newly renovated farm house. From £25-£40 pppn. Our accommodation comprises:
- Two twin / super king size rooms. The larger of the two can be used as a family room, or to accommodate three adults. One king size room.
- All rooms are en suite, and all rooms have large spacious showers. They are furnished to a high standard, with tea/coffee facilities, TV, hairdryers and many other little extras.
- Extensive breakfast menu using only the best local and home produce.
- Guest lounge.
- Relax by our woodburning stove, great to thaw out by during the cooler months.
- Good choice of pubs nearby, offering good food and sample some real ale, produced by our two local breweries.
- Please feel free to bring a takeaway and a bottle of wine back or to make use of our kitchen to prepare your own food.
- Baggage forward and transport can be arranged.
- Laundry and drying facilities available.
- Camping with full facilities available.
Explore an extensive network of well signposted bridleways that include the Jack Mytton Way, the Kerry Ridgeway and the Blue Remembered Hills bridleway. We are also close to the Long Mynd that gives you access to Ride UK routes and an endless choice of fantastic bridleways to explore. We can give you all the help and advice you need to plan routes. We also provide good linking routes to other horse accommodation providers.
From Shrewsbury and the A5, take the 488 to Bishops Castle (approx 22 miles). On reaching the second town sign, turn right, go past the school and just after the church keep to the left onto Kerry Lane. Do not go up into the town. After 250 yards turn left onto Woodbatch road, go straight on and follow the road round to the right where it turns into a single track road. Follow this road for 1.5 miles right to the very end.
- Client Facilities
- Horses Welcome Centre