Charlie Unwin has worked with the GB Eventing Team and also with Olympic Teams and athletes in different sporting spheres, as well as commercially with global businesses.
Coaches play a pivotal role in identifying and enhancing the talents of a rider. No successful athlete has ever achieved their potential without the skill of a great coach or mentor. This CPD day combines cutting edge research with practical application to enhance the impact coaches can have with their riders.
We will be focusing on how coaches can help develop the psychological attributes that contribute to enhanced performance in competition, including insights into:
- Understanding and adapting to the psychological needs of a rider
- Applying the principles of Accelerated Learning into day-to-day practice
- Developing the rider's mindset for performance and competition
- Developing a rider's ability to successfully transfer training into competition
- Help riders effectively deal with nerves and thrive in competition
- Work effectively with parents, owners and other influencers
Time: 9.30am coffee and registration, for 10am start. The day will finish at 3.30pm approximately.
Charlie will present a classroom session in the morning and a practical session in the school in the afternoon. Open to everyone. This day counts as CPD update for BHS Accredited Professional Coaches.
Tea/coffee and biscuits will be provided all day. There is a college canteen for those who wish to purchase lunch alternatively bring a packed lunch.
Cost: £30 for BHS Registered Instructors; £35 to all others.
Download the Booking Form (pdf)