BHS Continual Professional Development Day. Jo Winfield FBHS will present Creative Polework. Continual Professional Development (CPD) is a process of lifelong learning, which enables you to expand and fulfil your personal and professional potential, meet the present and future needs of your clients and deliver desired outcomes and priorities. BHS CPD assures that you meet the requisite knowledge and skills levels that relate to your evolving scope of professional practice.
Cost £30 BHS APCs, £35 all others.
Contact BHS National Manager for Wales Jan Roche to book your place.
- 9.30am: Registration
- 10am: Basic polework in walk, trot and canter to improve work on the flat. Developing exercises to improve horses co-ordination and acceptance of the riders aids.
- 10.50am: Feedback, discussion, break
- 11.05am: Flatwork to develop the riders security and independence for jumping.
- 11.30am: Pole work in preparation for jumping. To include related distances, dog legs and scatter poles.
- 12.30pm: Lunch
- 1.30pm: Grid work to improve the rider. Grids up to 1m aimed at improving the Stage Two/Stage Three rider.
- 2.30pm: Grid work to improve the horse. For Stage 3/Stage 4 candidates to develop the horses responsibility. Include poles on the ground where necessary.
- 3.30pm: Discussion and feedback
- 4pm: Finish