The BHS Hampshire training bursary is open to Registered BHSAIs living or working in Hampshire, who are aiming for their Intermediate Teaching Test. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an Intermediate Teach training day, presented by Jo Winfield FBHS at Wellington Riding on 12 November 2015. The training day is totally free to these shortlisted applicants, so that, even if they are not chosen as the bursary winner, they can still benefit from a free day of IT training with a top instructor!
Jo will be assessing the candidates throughout the day and will select a winner and runner up to receive bursaries. The winner will receive £200 towards training plus have their Intermediate Teach test fee paid for, and the runner up will receive £200 towards training.
BHS Hampshire looks forward to receiving applications for the 2015 bursary – please email Alison Russell (contact details on the right), attaching a CV, and don’t forget to include your BHS membership number. Applicants will be invited to the training day on a first-come, first-served basis so please do not delay in sending your application!
Terms and Conditions
1. Applicants must be current members of the BHS Register of Instructors
2. Applicants must live or work in Hampshire
3. Applicants must be available to attend the training and selection day at Wellington Riding from 9am to 5pm on Thursday 12 November 2015
4. Places on the training and selection day are limited and applying does not guarantee a place.
5. Applicants invited to attend the training and selection day are responsible for their own travel arrangements and costs. Refreshments and lunch will be provided
6. The selector’s decision as to the winner and runner up is final
7. Bursary funds of £200 for training will be paid direct to the training provider upon receipt of an invoice. The training provider must be a Registered Instructor or BHS Approved centre, unless an alternative provider (for example a top-level rider who may not be registered) is agreed with the bursary organiser (Alison Russell) – alternatives must be approved before training commences, BHS Hampshire reserves the right not to cover the costs of training undertaken with unapproved alternative providers.
8. Bursary funds for the IT exam fee will be paid directly to the BHS when the exam is booked –the winner must liaise with Alison Russell prior to booking their exam to arrange this.