by kind permission of The National Trust
11 mile and 7 mile route options, across beautiful parkland and farm tracks, with optional XC jumps.
Entry costs £25 per rider, and close 30 June (or sooner if capacity is reached).
Rules and conditions of entry
1. Riding hats conforming to current standards must be worn and correctly fastened at all times when mounted.
The wearing of body protectors and/or air jackets is optional. Body protectors are strongly recommended for anyone planning to jump.
2. The minimum age for horses and ponies is 4 years.
3. Dogs are welcome (there are some lovely walks for non-riders to take them on whilst you enjoy the fun ride) but MUST be on a short lead at all times, and you must clean up after your dogs.
4. Instructions from stewards MUST be obeyed. Riders should ride with consideration for others and the safety of all around. Anyone disobeying instructions or deemed not to be in control of their horse or pony will be asked to leave the course and no refund will be issued.
5. Riders are required to have public liability insurance, either through BHS Gold membership or a separate insurance policy.
6. The organisers accept no liability for any loss, injury or damage to any equine, person or their property and equipment, however caused.
7. If for any reason the event cannot take place, a refund will be issued less £5 to cover expenses.
8. In the event of cancellation or postponement, riders must contact the secretary within 14 days of the original event date (8 July 2017) to claim a refund.
9. Refunds, minus £5 admin fee, will be issued to riders withdrawing, only on receipt of a doctor’s or vet’s certificate.
10. Riders can be exchanged at no extra fee with the correctly signed entry form
11. All those entering this event will be deemed to have accepted the above rules and conditions.
Stowe is well signed from major routes. Parking will be accessed via the Stowe School entrance - follow the BHS event signage from there, past the main school building to the parking field.
• Check in at the secretaries’ tent and collect a number bib (£5 cash deposit required).
• No start times are issued for this ride - the start will be open between 9am and 2pm – no-one will be allowed to set off on the ride after 2pm.
• When you are ready to ride, report to the collecting ring from where the starter will set you (and your friends, if you’re with others) off. Groups will be set off in the order they report to the collecting ring, so there may be a wait to get under way – there will be no mass starts!
• When you get back, please return your number bib and collect your deposit and commemorative rosette.
Entry numbers are limited, and it is not anticipated that we will take entries on the day. Entries will close online and by post on 30 June, or sooner should we reach capacity before that date – book early to avoid disappointment. Book online today.
First aid, refreshments and a photographer will be on site. A veterinary surgeon will be on call.
Not riding this time? Why not volunteer to steward instead? BHS Buckinghamshire event vouchers to all volunteers! Contact Steph on Stephh@harwoodandco.co.uk or 07768 735557.