This fun 'classroom' based run by Sally Spaarkogel an Accredited Instructor providing you with essential knowledge to become an informed and thoughtful carer of horses and ponies.
Day time course: 5 x two hour sessions including (optional) BHS exam
10 am - 12 noon
- Thursday 7 March
- Tuesday 12 March
- Tuesday 19 March
- Tuesday 26 March
- Tuesday 2 April - Exam*
Course content - Level one:
- Be able to identify the points of a horse
- Basic principles of health, safety and welfare on a yard
- Know the signs of good and poor health and understand basic equine behaviour and welfare
- Feeding and watering requirements of horses and ponies
- How to keep a horse/pony in a safe grazing environment
- Routine health care requirements for a horse or pony
- Know the rules for riding on the public highway and open country
- Understand costs involved with owning and keeping and also the procedures for buying equines
- Understand the reporting of equestrian related incidents and accidents.
A 'Points of the Horse' poster, refreshments and free BHS EHKC exam*. EHKC students can also benefit from 30% off their first years BHS membership.
For more information and a booking form contact Sally Spaarkogel on 07884 306954 / email@example.com
*Exam is optional, though recommended