To Breed or Not to Breed - Training Day
How carefully do we assess the mare’s confirmation, temperament, ability and the cost before we decide to put her in foal? When choosing a stallion do you just look at what he’s achieved or should we be looking at his confirmation, temperament and off spring?
BHS North Region, Emma Greenland of Ivy House Stables and Mrs MacInnes are extremely excited to bring you a fascinating day of training covering:
- Static and dynamic confirmation
- Suitability of the mare and stallion for breeding purposes
- Care of broodmares, stallions and foals
- Signs of a mare in foal and the foaling process
- The needs of the broodmare, stallion, foal and young stock
- Collection (Depending upon the requirements of the stud on the day
***There might be a slight change to the programme depending upon the requirements of the stud on the day***
Emma Greenland of Ivy House Stables has over 20 years experience in the equine industry. Emma took on Ivy House Stables back in 2011 after working for Mrs MacInnes at Whalton stud for 9 years, her goal being to set up a stallion and AI centre to pursue her passion for breeding (https://www.ivyhousestables.com/)
Mrs MacInnes founder of Whalton stud, recipient of the BHS Award of Merit and the Meriel Meritoire in recognition of outstanding achievement in breeding. Mrs MacInnes has also judged for most major horse and pony societies, at most major horse shows including HOYS and the Royal International, as well as judging around the world.
The day will count as CPD for APC’s.
Cost & Booking:
This training is open to everyone.
- £35 for Accredited Professional Coaches
- £40 for others
- Arrive and Registration: 9.30am
- Start time: 10am
- Finish time: 4pm