TREC is all about trust between horse and rider/handler, with obedience and steadiness plus a little bit of agility thrown in. This is a chance for you and your horse to gain confidence and practice in negotiating obstacles that simulate those you might find on a hack. Tips on achieving a fast walk and slow canter will help you star in the “control of paces.” In competition you may miss out obstacles if you choose, without being eliminated, so everyone has a positive experience.
Ridden and in hand welcome (minimum age of horse or pony two years in hand, four years ridden). Each training session will be for a maximum of four riders/ handlers and last approximately one hour. Immediately following this the four riders will have a chance to put their new skills to the test, if they wish, by undertaking the course of ten obstacles and the control of paces as a competition. Rosettes will be awarded in order of merit to the competitors with the highest scores overall on the day
What to Wear?
- Safe and comfortable riding gear .The horse’s normal tack will be fine.
- Riders/ handlers must wear a hard hat with fastened chinstrap that meets the current EU standards, at all times when mounted or leading
- Riders may choose to wear a body protector.
- Riders must wear suitable, safe footwear
- Gloves are recommended especially when leading.
- Standing martingales and other fixed reins are forbidden. If a running martingale is used the horse must be led from a headcollar and leadrope or the martingale detached.from the reins. Whips must not exceed 75cm. Spurs, if worn, must be rounded, not exceed 3cm and
Cost of training session and competition: £25
For further details and entry form please contact Sue Short.
Download the poster (pdf)
Download an Entry Form (pdf)