Business Management, Risk Management and Presentations. With Jo Winfield FBHS.This evening is for anyone looking to improve their depth of horse knowledge. It's ideal for anyone looking at or studying for BHS Stage 4 or Stage 5 (Stable Mangers) Assessment or Pony Club A/AH exams. Open to yard owners/managers, coaches, trainers, students and horse owner/riders.
This session focus on the running of an Equine business. Including:
- Yard management; including maintenance of the buildings and facilities, including arena surfaces. The purchasing of goods.
- Working relationships with associated professionals including Farrier, Vet, Dentist, fodder merchants & Physio.
- Grassland maintenance.
- Office best practice and administration including; booking systems, lesson pricing/payment methods, business finance, VAT, insurance, PL, Riding School Licence & Planning.
- Employment regulations and legislation; PAYE, self employment & APC and other membership schemes – CPD.
- Staff management and development.
- Costs of running the business, business planning and development.
- Advertising, marketing opportunities and social media policies.
- Safety and security; analysing potential risks to staff, customers and horses. Health and well being.
- Recognising hazards, risk management, heath and safety policies and ensuring effective communication to all.
- Presentations – How to give effective presentations/lectures to staff (If you are due to sit the Stable Managers Exam in May please feel free to bring your presentations along).
The evening counts as CPD for APC’s if you attend both this and the 18 of March date.
Places are limited on all courses please book early.
5.45pm registration 6pm - 9pm £40. (*Early bird booking price £25). *Early bird price closes two weeks before.
Download the Programme (pdf)