A horse trainer is someone who will educate a horse, whether that involves bringing them back to health following a mental trauma, a physical trauma or breaking them as young horses. It can also involve re-educating spoilt or green horses.
This may involve training horses from the ground, under saddle and/or in harness.
Responsibilities may include:
• Training horses from the ground
• Training and riding horses under saddle
• Harness work
• Developing a plan with owner to continue a training programme.
• BHS Stage 4 Care and Riding
• BHS Senior Equitation Certificate
Extensive experience is essential.
In order to succeed as a horse trainer, youshould be able to demonstrate professionalism through empathy and patience, as well as having strong communication skills. You should be adaptable to various training methods and theories, and have a willingness to constantly learn.