Casual Equine Centre Events Organiser
£21,213 - £22,508 pro rata
There is an opportunity to join our events team working in a busy competition centre on a casual basis. The post holder will provide additional support to our full time Equine Centre Events Organiser during the busy summer period when we host some of our larger, more prestigious events and to provide cover when the Equine Centre Events Organiser is on leave.
The post holder’s duties will include:
- Assisting with the effective organisation of the Equine Centre’s busy commercial events schedule including dressage, show jumping, riding lessons and short courses.
- Being one of the main points of contact regarding commercial events held at the Equine Centre.
- Being responsible for administrative work relating to commercial activities. This will include providing relevant and accurate details in a timely manner, along with ensuring all bookings for judges, instructors, catering, photographers and other outside professionals are in place in advance for each event.
The role, under the direction of the Equine Centre Manager, will provide a great opportunity to work in a high class training and competition establishment. It would ideally suit someone with experience in running high level affiliated competitions due to the prestigious events already scheduled for the forthcoming year.
The post holder will need to be able to undertake weekend and evening working.
The hourly rate for this role is £11.03 - £11.70 plus holiday pay.
This post is based at the Sparsholt campus.
Closing Date: 06 January 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier if sufficient applications are received
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
- Death Benefit grant of 3x salary if in the pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Car Share Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
- Flexible Working Policy
- Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas
- Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
- Access to an employee assistance scheme
- On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £80 per annum)
- Free gym classes at the Sparsholt campus
- You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
- Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
- Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
- Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
- Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
- Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
Full details on our website
Application packs are available from:
24 hour recruitment line: 01962 797438