BHS Friend Membership
Choose BHS Friend membership and get the great feeling that comes with knowing you are making a significant donation to our charitable work. It also includes all the benefits of BHS Gold Membership including public liability insurance up to £30 million† and personal accident insurance up to £10,000†. Exclusive benefits include;
- Expert advice on a wide range of equestrian matters including legal, VAT and tax queries†
- Supporting the charitable work of the BHS improving access, horse care and safety for every horse and rider
- Being part of an equestrian community with over 115,000 members and many local activities and events to enjoy
- Free and discounted tickets to leading equestrian events throughout the year including two free tickets to The BHS Royal International Horse Show
- Free subscription to British Horse magazine worth £22 a year
- Access to our world-leading BHS Career Pathways, including our Challenge Awards and Ride Safe Award
- Regular E-news to keep you up to date with key equestrian issues and equestrian events in your area
†Terms, conditions and territorial limits apply
Annual Direct Debit
£5.00 discount for the 1st year
Monthly Direct Debit
Annual One Off Payment
by credit or debit card
How your membership can help horses around the UK
Every year with the support of our members and volunteers we help protect, improve and build a better future for horses and those who care for them.
In 2019 we responded to over 9,494 incoming calls and emails about welfare enquiries
Our caring team of experts and volunteers promote good care and prevent cruelty to hundreds of horses every year
We reacted to over 6,000 threats to equestrian access in 2017
Each year we campaign and protect hundreds of kilometres of local off‑road equestrian routes that are threatened
Our dedicated team work tirelessly to make the world a safer place for horses, riders and carriage drivers
The BHS Approvals system awards quality instruction and care
Get in touch with us
To speak to our team about membership, please call us on 02476 840506 ‡, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our online enquiry form and one of our team will get back to you shortly.
Opening times are 8:35am-5pm from Monday to Thursday and 8:35am-3pm on Friday.
Frequently Asked Questions
We've collected the most frequently asked questions about the British Horse Society membership packages and the insurance provided for members.
Renewing your membership
Please call us on 02476 840506 ‡ or complete our online enquiry form.
‡ Calls may be recorded for monitoring purposes.
More Membership Options
Gold Adult & Junior Membership
As a BHS Gold Member you will be covered by market leading public liability insurance and personal accident insurance. You will also have access to a huge range of benefits to help you enjoy your life with horses
Find out more about our Gold Membership options here.
Perfect for all horse lovers who want to support the charity and all our vital work to help protect, improve and build a better life for horses and those who care for them. This membership does not include Personal Accident or Public Liability insurance. Find out more about our Silver membership.
If you live outside of the United Kingdom, we also have a membership options available for you. Find out more about our Overseas Membership options.