How to book
Booking and Information
Get prepped for the 2024 season and make sure you're towing skills are safe and up to scratch with our new equine trailer towing clinics. The government scrapped the car and trailer towing test in 2021, but are you confident in towing, manoeuvring and reversing?
Your horse is precious and ensuring their safety whilst towing is understandably paramount to your peace of mind and their well-being. Picking up some extra skills and tips to help your horse remain calm, relaxed and ready for whatever rides you are planning to take is a great investment for your and your horse.
Whether you're a seasoned tower or just getting started join our specialist clinics with an equine savvy instructor from experts 'Towing Solutions', Britain's leading towing training organisation.
We are offering 2 dates, 2 amazing venues with lots of space to practice your skills:
- 24 March 2024 - Myerscough College, Lancashire
- 13 April 2024 - Reaseheath Equestrian Centre, Cheshire
With the option to share a two-hour session or individual one hour session. Sessions will be tailored to your individual challenges covering either:
- Basic safety checks, hints and tips for coupling and uncoupling
- Reversing & manoeuvres
- Road driving
Please note within the 1 hour session it will not be possible to cover both reversing & road driving and you will be asked to choose which you would like to spend your time practicing. If you choose to share a 2 hour session you will have the option to cover both between you.
You might already have a trailer and be towing but want the reassurance of a lesson to boost your knowledge and confidence, or perhaps you're thinking of investing in a trailer and want to make sure you have some training before you head out on the road with your horse on board.
Bring your own car and trailer or use one provided *note the trailer provided is not a horse trailer*
Individual 1 hour session £70 per person
Pairs 2 hour session £60 per person
(if you want to be paired with a friend, please let us know at the time of booking)
Times will be allocated closer to the date if you have a preference, please email once you've booked and we will try our best to accommodate you.
Specific Terms & Conditions: (Full T&C's available at the time of booking)
- Please ensure you're booking onto the correct date and venue as refunds will not be given for incorrect bookings.
- When choosing a 'pairs' session you will be allocated a partner for your lesson - if you wish to be paired with a friend, please identify them at the time of booking
- Your session may start at any time between 9am and 4:15pm - requests for time of day will be accommodated where possible but are not guaranteed (please email once you've booked - firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Everyone attending the event is responsible for ensuring the safety of themselves and others.
- IT IS A LEGAL REQUIREMENT THAT THE TRAINEE RIDER PROVIDES a valid UK driving licence is produced to the instructor on arrival. It is the responsibility of the attendee to ensure the licence is in date and valid at the time of the course. Further details of how to check your licence are available on the Gov.uk Licence Check website.
IF A LICENCE CANNOT BE PROVIDED AT THE START OF THE COURSE THE ATTENDEE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE PART AND WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR A REFUND.
- If you are driving your own vehicle and trailer, you must have adequate insurance in place.
- Vehicles and trailers must be roadworthy. If the trainer deems your vehicle or trailer unroadworthy, you will not be permitted to drive it for the training, but will be able to use the provided training vehicle instead.
- Neither the organisers nor the British Horse Society accept responsibility for any accident, injury, loss or illness to horse, rider, spectator or property whilst at this event.
Myerscough College St Michael's Rd, Bilsborrow, PR3 0RY