How to apply
We are taking bookings over the phone:
phone (01452) 702135
Hartpury University and Hartpury College are among the UK’s leading specialist education providers in agriculture, animal, equine, sport and veterinary nursing. Located in Gloucestershire, Hartpury University and Hartpury College sit side-by-side on a beautiful 360-hectare campus. We provide world-class facilities to more than 4,500 university and college-level students studying undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, A-levels and diplomas, as well as undertaking industry research. The University is rated top 10 in the UK for Teaching Quality (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023) and has 97% graduate employability, whilst the College is rated Ofsted Outstanding in all areas. A passionate and innovative business culture and exceptional support networks make Hartpury an ideal career choice.
Hartpury is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves. We particularly welcome applicants that we are underrepresented in, including those from ethnically diverse backgrounds, LGBTQI+ communities, and those living with disabilities. As part of our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion we offer a range of inclusive policies, flexible working arrangements and a multi-faith space to support staff from different backgrounds. To find out more about our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity, please click here.
About the Role
- You will deliver exceptional teaching to students on a variety of Further Education Horse Management courses. These being a mixture of Managing an Equine Yard, Riding Horses in the Open, and the practical units of Preparing Horses for Competition Disciplines, and Tack, Equipment and Rugs
- The role also requires you to be a Course Tutor to first year students
- You will inspire students to appreciate all aspects of equine management and instill in them a passion for the work of caring for horses and a desire to develop their understanding
- You will be willing to complete a teaching qualification, if not already qualified.
- You will have a degree or equivalent in relevant subject area
- Ideally, you will hold a minimum qualification of BHS Stage 2 Teach, but Stage 3 Coach / BHSAI preferable
- You will demonstrate the ability to be a highly motivated lecturer, with experience of providing tutorial support to students being advantageous
- Desirably, you will be a holder of the A1 Assessors Award (or equivalent) and V1 Internal Verifiers Award (or equivalent)
We offer a fantastic package of staff benefits including:
- 35 days annual leave, pro rata entitlement plus bank holidays
- Wellbeing support including our Employee Assistance Programme
- Generous pension scheme (TPS)
- Employee Discounts Scheme
- Onsite fitness facilities
- Support for continuous professional development
- Flexible working opportunities available
- Enhanced maternity, adoption and paternity leave
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Click the button below to apply online or telephone (01452) 702135 to request documents by post.
Click here to view the full Job Description and Person Specification
The closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 29th January.
Interviews will be held on Monday 12th February.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the specified closing date should we receive sufficient applications or in order to respond to business needs. In order to avoid missing an opportunity to apply please submit your application as early as possible.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.