About the role
Job Title: Groom/Trainee Instructor
Salary: 22,220 per annum.
Hours: 40 hours a week.
Role Description: We currently have a vacancy for a full time groom who wants to learn to teach in our Riding School.
Our Riding School has 12 horses and ponies and provides lessons to riders of all levels from age 8 and up.
We are recruiting for a Groom to help with the following:
- Assist and support the Riding School staff in the day to day running of the yard (Mucking out, tacking up, grooming, feeding etc.)
- Assist and support the staff in delivering Own a Pony days.
- Assist and support our volunteers in their duties at the farm.
- Interact with visitors and clients
- Exercising riding school horses
Regular training towards exams will be provided by BHS II SM SE on well-schooled horses. 5 day week. 8 hour day. The ideal candidate will be a hard-working, trustworthy and friendly all-rounder who is happy to roll their sleeves up and ensure that the Riding School is clean, tidy and safe for all of our visitors. Must be able to undertake basic yard work including tacking up and grooming to a reasonable standard and speed. Riding level at least walk, trot and canter and weigh 11 stone or less.
Deadline: Until Position is filled
Apply: To apply please email your CV AND covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements of the role to Jo Henbrey, Riding School Manager firstname.lastname@example.org