The British Horse Society is committed to equality.
This website has been built to meet World Wide Web Association Web Accessibility Initiative standards.
If you have any comments or questions about accessibility of our website or any other aspect of accessibility and the BHS, please email email@example.com.
If you are using a computer with a Windows operating system, you can zoom in or out of any webpage by holding down Ctrl and pressing + to zoom in, or holding down Ctrl and pressing - to zoom out.
Increasing text and image sizes using Internet Explorer
1. Click View
2. Hover on Text Size and a new menu will appear with options for text size.
Setting colours in Internet Explorer
You can also set Internet Explorer to use colours you find easier to see and to ignore colours you find it harder to see.
1. Click Tools and then Internet Options. A new window will open.
2. Underneath the Appearance section at the bottom of this new window, you can set text and background colours using the Colors button. You can also choose to use a certain font on some websites by clicking the Fonts button. By clicking the Accessibility button, you can choose to ignore certain colours, fonts or font sizes. The settings you use here will apply to all websites that you visit using Internet Explorer.
Increasing text and image sizes using Mozilla Firefox
1. Click View
2. Hover on Zoom and select your preferred zoom option.
Setting images and page styles in Firefox
Firefox can also be set to ignore all page styles and images.
2. Hover on Page Style and select No Style to set this option.
Increasing text and image sizes using Safari
1. Click View, then use the options on the menu to zoom in, zoom out or zoom on text only.
Setting fonts in Safari
Safari allows you to change your default font or size used for viewing text on webpages.
1. Click Edit and then Preferences. A new window will open.
2. Click the Appearance tab in the new window and this will allow you to change your font settings.
Increasing text and image sizes using Google Chrome
1. Click the spanner icon in the top right of your browser, then click Options.
2. A new tab will open. On the left, click Under the Bonnet.
3. Under Web Content, you can set default fonts, font sizes and zoom level.