BHS Register of Instructors and Grooms
Is your Instructor or Groom BHS Registered?
Choosing a BHS Registered Instructor or Groom ensures that you will be in safe hands.
Every BHS Registered Instructor:
- Holds internationally-recognised qualifications or is an Accredited Trainer
- Attends regular Continual Professional Development training days
- Holds current certificates in First Aid and Safeguarding and Protecting Children (formerly Child Protection)
- Agrees to a Professional Code of Conduct.
- Has been DBS checked if they live in England or Wales.
There are a number of categories available to applicants for the Register of Instructors or the Register of Grooms:
- Entry onto both registers with or without insurance
- Entry onto the Register of Instructors only with or without insurance
- Entry onto the Register of Grooms only with or without insurance
- We also have a BHS Proprietors rate available, with or without insurance, for proprietors and staff at BHS Approved Centres.
- If an applicant wishes to apply and not take out the Insurance option with the BHS, then evidence of their own Insurance must be provided.
Instructors who are resident overseas are listed under this category, which does not provide insurance cover. We have an overseas category for Instructor & Groom, just Instructor or just Groom.
A free ID card is available for all categories (subject to a passport photograph being provided).
Further details including costs are included in the Application Pack. If you have any queries, please contact the Membership Department on 02476 840565 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope that by publishing the Registers, people will be encouraged to use only those instructors and grooms who are correctly qualified and therefore have the knowledge and experience to teach and support you and your horse.