Calling all yard owners… we want to know about your business rates situation!
Almost one year on from the sharp increase in rateable values, and in the latest phase of our business rates campaign, we have launched a short survey to ask you about your business rates situation. The survey should take no more than 10 minutes to complete. Complete the survey here: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/BHSBUSINESSRATES2018
Please share your thoughts and you will be entered into a prize draw and be in with a chance of winning six polo shirts branded with your centre logo and in a colour of your choice.
The information you provide us with will be extremely valuable in informing our ongoing engagement with the Chancellor of the Exchequer, and in helping us to make a real difference to business rates bills across the country. The survey closes on 23 April 2018, and we will contact the winner of the competition shortly afterwards.
What you need to know
Recent business rates changes
- Rateable values for business rates were changed in April 2017, and equestrian businesses were disproportionately affected by steep increases of up to 346%.
- The new levels of rates are completely unsustainable for some of our members and the BHS has been working extremely hard to secure a fair deal for you.
The BHS work so far
- We have responded to numerous Government consultations about business rates which has laid a very strong foundation for our more recent political engagement.
- We have been working to raise awareness amongst both the equine community and MPs of the unfair and steep business rate increases that are being experienced by riding schools and livery yards.
- We have had successful meetings with the Chancellor of the Exchequer, Minsters and MPs and we are making progress.
Our Engagement with the Chancellor of the Exchequer
- The Chancellor of the Exchequer has asked us to collect information from our members about appeals that have been made, in order to provide him with a better picture of how business rates are affecting riding schools and livery yards, and the likelihood of appeals being granted or declined.
- This is where we need your help. We want to hear from you and find out more about your business rates situation, whether or not you have appealed, and whether this has been successful.
- Please complete the survey and help us to get a fair deal for you: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/BHSBUSINESSRATES2018
See the full terms and conditions