Be a Riding & Road Safety Cover star!
We are starting to update our material that supports the BHS Riding & Road Safety test. As part of this we are running a competition where the winner(s) will feature on the cover of our new material and runners up may feature within the book/booklets. With these photos we want to show true recreational riders, enjoying their horses while riding on the road but doing it safely…
We are looking for the following in the picture:
- A group of two to four riders to include at least one junior rider (12-18yrs)
- Riding horses on a road - please be safe whilst doing this!
- Riders smiling and enjoying themselves
- Riders should be wearing fluorescent and reflective clothing - the more the better!
- Riders should be wearing correct standard hats, gloves, suitable footwear and clothing - nothing baggy or flapping.
- The picture below is an example of the clothing that could be worn - different colours are fine.
- Horses/ponies should be in good condition - including feet - and be wearing tack that fits
When taking your photos for the competition, please set your phone or camera to its highest quality setting (photos need to be minimum 1MB). Try to avoid very dark backgrounds.
By submitting any picture to The British Horse Society it is assumed that permission is granted for the BHS to use this image in BHS Riding and Road safety publications or any other BHS publicity material. Under 18 year olds featured in photos must have permission from their parent or guardian before photos are submitted.
To enter, simply email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your name.
Enter for a chance to win:
1st Prize: Free entry to a BHS Riding and Road Safety Test for the photographer and riders featured in the photo (up to four people)
Runner up: Reflective vests for the photographer and riders in the photo (up to four people)