- Excited about the idea of organising, facilitating and delivering inspiring events to local equestrians?
- Knowledgeable about health and safety?
- Passionate about the BHS and our education programme?
- Enthusiastic about working as part of a team?
Our Events and Education Officers are an important element of the committee. They often have skills in event management or experience with the BHS Education Programme and will help the committee design and organise fun, interesting and educational events locally.
These roles are all about having fun, building the equestrian skills and knowledge of people in your area and getting people involved with horses and the BHS. You will have the satisfaction of knowing that your events are supporting the charitable aims of the BHS.
You will work with other committee members to ensure all events are well promoted, safe, well organised and go off without a hitch.
You will need:
- An interest in developing your knowledge and skills in event management
- Access to a computer with internet access, a mobile phone with internet access may also be of benefit
- An interest in developing your equestrian network locally, helping you find venues for events and build relationships with potential speakers, presenters, volunteers and members
- To take responsibility for following our guidance and policies, ensuring your events are safe and legal.
We are looking for Events and Education Officers in the following areas:
- North East Wales
- East Yorkshire
- North East Yorkshire
- West Yorkshire
- East Sussex
- South and East Kent
- South West Wales
- Greater Manchester
Take a look at the full Events Officer Role profile (pdf) to find out more about what is involved. If you would like to apply, complete and return a Volunteer Enquiry Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.