A special person is needed to join our team in a role teaching children and adults for both individual and group lessons of all levels. This position requires an organized, enthusiastic, fun person who enjoys bringing the best out in others.
As part of the team you will need a strong sense of team work and can do attitude, this unique role offers many opportunities for career development and training. Our diverse centre combines many parts of the industry from high level shows to grass roots riders. The team are vibrant and enjoy all this busy environment has to offer, you could be part of this.
Reporting to: Chief Instructor
Areas of Responsibility:
- Promote Wellington Riding as a centre of excellence
- Strong customer service focus and proven experience
- Planning and delivery of high quality group and private lessons
- Ability to teach both children & adults and establish a regular client base
- To ensure clients and students progress towards their riding potential
- Assist with junior & adult holidays
- Actively support and assist with Centre Pony Club and other in-house clubs
- Assist with planning and delivery of schools group lessons
- To prepare & deliver stable management lectures up to Stage 3
- Yard work will be required within the role including support to students, clipping, exercising
- To support safe working practices and observe Employer’s Health & Safety policy
Qualifications & Skills needed:
- Qualified to minimum BHS Stage 2 Teach
- Clean, full, driving licence (must be over 25 years to drive company vehicles)
- First Aid – preferable but not essential as training can be given
- Safeguarding Certificate – preferable but not essential as training can be given
- Time management & planning of your day & working with other staff members
- Administration skills – lesson planning
- Enhanced DBS certification or the willingness to obtain certification is essential.
Other Important Information:
Opportunities – to compete in-house on centre horses, attend CPD at all levels.
Working hours – 46 hours per week, days off to be agreed but regular weekend working will be required.
Holidays – 28 days to include statutory holidays. Due to the needs of the business these days are considered to be working days so an alternative day will be given as holiday.
Salary: Package dependent on individual suitability for the position.
Applications via email with CV & covering letter to Clare on: firstname.lastname@example.org