We have a number of part-time opportunities for locally based Yard Operatives with three shifts... morning, midday and evening.
Hourly rate £7.83
Our friendly team take pride in delivering a first-class equestrian experience. Primary responsibilities include:
- giving horses food and water
- filling hay nets
- mucking out stables and replacing bedding
- cleaning equipment like saddles and bridles
- cleaning, brushing and clipping horses' coats
- monitoring the condition of horses and reporting problems
- treating minor wounds, changing dressings and giving some medications
- following instructions from vets when treatment is needed
- using horsewalker
- mobilising horses around the yard and fields as required
- assisting with class preparation
- assisting with Pony Club activities and children's pony parties
As an entry level role into an equestrian career, an enthusiastic and hardworking approach is essential. We're happy to train people with limited experience so long as they have an enthusiasm for learning and want to make a real contribution to the team. We're looking for people who are passionate about horse welfare and delivering an excellent customer experience.
You'll be a good communicator and not be afraid to ask questions to develop your learning. You'll have a flexible approach to your hours of work and be willing to cover at short notice from time to time.
The opportunity to work on a well-equipped yard with a good base of valued and regular customers who have played a huge part in our journey. This is a role from which individuals can get involved in many aspects of running a successful yard, with some invaluable training along the way.