Working Pupils (Apprenticeship scheme)
Lee Valley Riding Centre
Salary - National Minimum Wage
28 hours per week plus training
Monday to Sunday Shift Rota
Lee Valley Riding Centre in Leyton, East London, is a BHS accredited riding school, training centre and livery yard. Our riding school has 60 horses and ponies working at a variety of levels for riders from complete beginners to BHS Stage 3.
We are keen to hear from those who are passionate about developing a career with horses. You will need experience of working with horses at a riding school. You will assist our team of staff to provide the best possible care to our horses, work reliably and responsibly and be a key part of our dedicated team. An ability to develop a rapport and create a positive experience for customers is a must, as are great communication skills to enable you to engage with our wider team of riding instructors, managers and customer service assistants.
Key requirements and duties:
- Completing the apprenticeship programme in order to become a BHS Coach in Complete Horsemanship or a BHS Senior Groom
- Assisting the team to provide riding lessons to customers, including tacking up horses and assisting customers in the correct use of stable facilities and animal care
- To maintain animal welfare, including feeding, grooming, and checking animals for diseases and general wellbeing
- To maintain the stable facilities, stable yard, building and equipment to the highest standard, including mucking out stables and cleaning tack
- Working shifts including evening and weekend work
Successful applicants will be required to obtain a Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure Barring Service, for which assistance will be given.
On site accommodation available.
Please contact Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
Applications close 8 December 2017.