Lee Valley Riding Centre
£16,862 - £19,620 per annum depending on experience
Lee Valley Riding Centre in Leyton, East London, is a BHS accredited riding school, training centre and livery yard. Our riding school has 60 horses and ponies working at a variety of levels for riders from complete beginners to BHS Stage 3.
We are keen to hear from BHS qualified riding instructors with experience of working at a commercial riding school. You will provide riding lessons and lectures to customers and Working Pupils. You will assist our team of staff to provide the best possible care to our horses. Under the guidance of our Yard Manager, you will meet deadlines, work reliably and responsibly and be a key part of our dedicated team. Great communication skills and an ability to develop a rapport and create a positive experience for customers is a must.
Key requirements and duties:
- You must hold the BHS PTT / Stage 2 Teach certificate as a minimum qualification
- Providing riding instruction at all levels, including working with children, adults and customers with special needs. Teach group and private lessons including lead rein, flatwork and jumping.
- Assisting the Yard Manager in training our Working Pupils for BHS assessments
- Working shifts including evening and weekend work
- Assisting the Yard Manager in ensuring that the yard is run efficiently and that the welfare of all the horses in the centre is maintained
- Undertaking all manual tasks associated with the running of a stable yard, working as part of the team to achieve consistent standards to deadlines
- Full time positions available, shifts will include one weekend day, two mornings and two evenings per week
Successful applicants will be required to obtain a Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure Barring Service, for which assistance will be given.
On site accommodation available.
Please contact Rachel at email@example.com for an application form.
Applications close 8 December 2017