Salary: £20000 pa
Contract Type: Permanent
The Post holder is responsible for facilitating riding lessons as required by the Riding Project Manager, schooling horses and covering yard duties as part of the role. The ideal candidate will be a qualified riding instructor (minimum BHSAI), with sound horse care knowledge and have experience working with young people and disabled clients. IT skills would be desirable.
- To facilitate riding lessons with safety and care, with the welfare of both the horses and riders being paramount
- To interact with both disabled and able-bodied riders and Volunteers
- Teach able-bodied and disabled clients
- Supervise, support and train other staff members and Volunteers
- To exercise and school horses as needed
- To assist with yard duties as necessary
- To perform any other tasks reasonably requested by the Riding Project Manager
- To provide excellent customer care to riders, general public and other stake holders
- To Implement all Health and Safety procedures and report Health and Safety concerns to the line manager
- To assist with organising and running special events at the farm or other locations
- To comply with the arrangements made to deliver services in accordance with the Vauxhall City Farms Equal Opportunities Policy
- To adhere to all health and safety instructions and not to do anything that might endanger themselves or others; to report to their line manager any dangerous situations in the work place or any shortcomings in health and safety arrangements that they perceive
This position may involve contact with young people. The post holder will therefore be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service clearance on appointment and on an appropriate review basis thereafter.
The post holder can expect to work one weekend day and some evenings on a regular basis.
To apply, please contact Dan Cook via email at Dan.Cook@vauxhallcityfarm.org
Applications close 7 December 2017, with interviews taking place on Tuesday 12 December 2017.