Experienced Events Assistant – Full Time
Overall Function of the role:
- To assist the Events Organiser in the planning, scheduling, preparation and execution of shows and events at Wellington Riding. This will involve a wide range of duties and so we are looking for an experienced, confident, friendly, professional person with great interpersonal skills, a ‘down to earth’ style & a can-do attitude. This person must have proven experience in an event management role, preferably equine. This role is required as part of an exciting expansion of the events department at Wellington Riding.
Areas of responsibility:
· Ensuring on a daily basis that you & your colleagues deal with all enquiries coming into the event office.
· Dealing with entries and show administration for shows & events.
· Carrying out secretarial role during shows.
· Preparing facilities in advance of shows and facility hires as per agreed specification.
· Ensuring that all administration procedures are accurately completed.
· Processing payments, cash handling and cashing up at the end of the working day.
· Accurate file management and data entry is critical, and other databases and spreadsheets using Excel and other in-house applications.
· Close communication and liaison with staff in other departments to plan and execute shows & events.
· Updating and maintaining relevant pages of company website and regular working knowledge of social media.
· Ensuring all processes and procedures are completed according to the necessary deadlines and are followed through efficiently.
· Ensuring that at all times 100% customer service levels are maintained and that good customer relationships are built and trust is established quickly.
· Ability to understand and interpret the company's philosophy, capabilities and services; effectively communicating all relevant products and services to our clients
· Keeping the Managers informed of any issues that may arise relating to all aspects of the role.
- Working with all other departments and undertaking occasional general office duties to support the management team as necessary.
- You must have an excellent, proven track record of working within an event management/customer focused environment.
- You must be a pro-active, organized team player with excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- It is essential that you have excellent IT skills & a strong working knowledge of social media. The ability to adapt to in-house databases and booking systems would be a real advantage.
- The position requires commitment, focus, accuracy & attention to detail.
- You must be flexible with regards to duties and hours.
- You must enjoy working in a very busy environment where deadlines are crucial and at all times you must maintain your sense of humour.
- Some experience of accounting procedures & cash handling is desirable but not essential but accuracy & attention to detail is essential.
- DBS certification and First Aid qualification or the willingness to obtain certification is needed.
- An equestrian background is highly desirable.
- You will be a driver with your own transportation (due to hours and distance from public transport networks).
Other Important Information:
Normal Working hours – 5 days per week: 08.45am – 5.45pm, will include regular weekend working & flexibility of working hours on event days.
Holidays – 28 days to include statutory holidays. Due to the needs of the business bank holidays are considered to be working days.
Holiday cover – You will need to be available to cover occasional alternate working days as holiday cover for other office staff.
Salary: £18k – 22k - Package dependent on individual suitability for the position.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com