Managing grassland and infrastructure for horses - An evening event for horse-owners and stable-managers
The Downs and Harbours Clean Water Partnership, Portsmouth Water and Catchment Sensitive Farming invite you to a special free event for horse, pony, alpaca and donkey owners.
This event will cover:
- Managing horse pastures effectively and economically
- Managing manure to maximise its use and comply with legalisation
- Preventing runoff to limit environmental impacts that can effect water quality
- Horse welfare in relation to paddock/ grazing management
- Yard infrastructure improvements and capital grants
- Stable waste management, reducing cost and complying with regulations
- Yard drainage and rainwater harvesting, reducing water usage and cost
Time: 6pm to 8.30pm
To book a place, please contact Portsmouth Water’s Catchment Management Team
There will be plenty of time for you to ask questions and we would encourage you to do so, as well as share your own experiences.
Refreshments, including a light buffet, will be provided during the event.
Parking is available at the venue.
Download the poster (pdf)