Back in Scotland by popular demand, event rider and coach Eric Smiley FBHS is an International Judge and regular Ground Jury member. He coached the Belgian eventing team for the 2012 Olympics and has regularly represented Ireland at championship level.
His hallmark is sound jumping training as explained in his books “Look … No Hands!” and “Two Brains - One Aim”. A passionate and enthusiastic teacher, Eric has conducted clinics around the world from the continent of America to Dubai and South Africa to Denmark. He brings a unique blend of competition experience and education to an audience of all levels.
Do not miss a unique opportunity to be taught by this outstanding horseman and one of the best jumping and cross country trainers in the world!
- 3 riders per group max - £45 per rider
- We will make up groups depending on your riding ability and advise you of your time slot prior to the day. You may book in groups of 3 if you wish.
- Lessons from 12.30 to 5pm and times will be issued depending on height and experience.
Book your lesson online
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Riders under 18 years must be accompanied by a responsible adult for the duration of the event.
2. Hats to the current standard must be work and correctly secured at all times when mounted. No peaked hats must be worn. Accepted hat standards are PAS 015 (1998 or 2011), VG1 01.040 (2014-12), ASTM F1163 (2004a or 04a onwards) , SNELL E2001 or E2016 and AS/NZS 3838 (2006 onwards. Please check your hat meets current standards which can be found at www.bhs.org.uk/headwear .
3. Body protectors must be worn and should comply with current standards – also found on the BHS website at www.bhs.org.uk/bodyprotectors .
4. All horses must be over the age of four years and of appropriate fitness level for the activity being undertaken.
5. Tack must be in safe condition and fit correctly.
6. A full up-to-date flu vaccination record is required. Passports will be checked on site by the organiser prior to the horse being unloaded.
7. Save for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the organisers or anyone for whom they are in law responsible, neither the organisers of any event to which these rules apply, nor British Horse Society Scotland nor Eric Smiley, nor any agent, employee, representative of these bodies accepts liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses, owners, riders, spectators, land or any other person or property whatsoever, whether caused by their negligence, breach of contract or in any other way whatsoever.