Format of the session:
- First half hour: course walk and explanation of and tips about obstacles followed by
- An hour with your horse practicing under Amanda’s guidance and tuition and then
- An informal horse agility competition – you will be able to continue working on some obstacles in another area or you can watch the others compete – order of competition drawn by lots if necessary!
You must have third party insurance cover for your horse (such as is provided by BHS Gold membership). Proof of insurance will be required.
Your horse must have an up to date vaccination record with the latest jab within six months of the date of the event. No horse under 2 years may participate and all children (under 18) must be accompanied by an adult.
New this autumn - we are offering two different standards of course and competition:
- The morning Starter session is intended for those with some horse agility training and for complete beginners with good ground handling skills. It is a basic requirement that you can lead your horse at walk on a loose rope and halt on request. Most obstacles will be undertaken in walk so it is also suitable for more experienced pairs with less mobility!!
- The afternoon session will be an Open class - for those familiar with Horse Agility and willing to tackle more complex obstacles at trot. A mix of First and Medium level challenges will be offered.
Your horse/pony will have to stand in your trailer or lorry for the first half hour of the session.
You must wear a riding hat, gloves and suitable footwear when handling your horse. Please also bring a long lead rope (ideally a 12 foot rope – some will be available to hire on the day - proceeds to the East Anglian Air Ambulance)
Time: 10am - 4.30pm
Closing Date: Sunday 29 September 2019
Please take care to ensure you book the right level class.