Ms Vanessa Hood, SSA “A” Instructor, SSA Panel Judge, Member of the SSA Judges, Examiners and Training Committee, SSA Panel Examiner, BD List 4
Miss Claire Lewis, SSA “A” Instructor, Member of the SSA Judges, Examiners and Training Committee, SSA Panel Examiner, BHSII(Regd), BEMA Diplome-Saumur
10am Registration - Coffee, tea, biscuits
10.30am Judging an Open Equitation Qualifier Class
• Instructors’ input ensuring that horses and riders are well prepared for such classes, including the correct fitting of tack and riders’ turnout.
• From the Judges’ perspective ensuring that they are constructive in their comments and encouraging.
• Judges’ knowledge of health and safety, rosette allocation.
Preparing for an Equitation Championship Test to be ridden at the National Show
• The coaching of the rider by the Instructor, to understand what will be expected of them and making sure the goals are achievable.
Judging an Equitation Championship Test
• Acquaintance with the judging sheets and the test to be judged, from the Judges’ and Riders’ view.
12.30-1.30pm Lunch Break
1.30pm Training and Coaching
• The importance of training, coaching and keeping up with current rule changes, and developing the horse and rider in all aspects to achieve their maximum potential and goal.
Teaching and judging Equitation Jumping, and the aspect of Course Building
• Knowledge of the marking system, mark sheet, scoring and encouraging comments.
4pm Closing summary.
Tickets include all refreshments and lunch. Please advise of any special dietary requirements.
Please note that this course is not organised by The British Horse Society and all enquiries should be directed to British Showjumping. The day counts as a Continual Professional Development (CPD) update day for BHS Registered Instructors (side saddle specialists only).
Get in touch to apply
Post application to:
Miss S Hislam
48 Queens Park West Drive