The British Horse Society (BHS) has launched a new Accredited Professional Coach Membership scheme.
With a fresh new look and content, the revitalised BHS accreditation scheme will provide greater value for money with more reasons to become a certified coach.
From 11 May 2016 there will be more opportunities for coaches to develop professionally and become leaders in their field, driving innovation in equestrian coaching.
"A central data base for coaches can only be of value to the whole industry. For me as a coach it makes the whole process far simpler!"
Eric Smiley FBHS, BE Accredited Coach, coach to the 2012 Belgium Olympic Eventing Team
Benefits of joining the scheme have been refreshed and updated, and now include:
- BHS first aid and safeguarding courses included for duration of membership
- BHS Accredited CPD opportunities in partnership with British Equestrian Federation (BEF) member bodies
- BHS Gold Membership* (worth £67 per annum)
- Access to a professional online community to share ideas, resources and updates
- Branded business toolkit
- Free Accredited Professional Coach Regatta jacket (worth £59.99)
- Access to a central hub for coaches with other BEF member bodies, where world class riding instructors come together
Lynn Petersen, Chief Executive of the BHS, said: “Education is in the DNA of The British Horse Society. Today’s launch is a major step forward for us. By supporting coaches throughout their career, BHS accreditation sets the benchmark for equine coaches across the world."
Yogi Breisner FBHS, BEF Eventing Performance Manager and Accredited Professional Coach added: “The British Horse Society has always been very proactive in supporting and developing equestrian coaches. The creation of the BHS Accredited Professional membership is another inspired step which will help to improve the standard of riding and horsemanship.”
The professional equestrian community inspiring pathways, partnership and progression.
* Terms and conditions apply