Photography Challenge #RideOutUK - Competition Terms and conditions
1. To submit an entry to the competition participants must submit their own image via one of the following channels:
a. On the British Horse Society Facebook page competition post
b. On the entrant’s own Twitter profile along with #RideOutUK
c. On the entrant’s own Instagram profile along with #RideOutUK
We regret we are unable to accept entries via any other method.
2. Entries must be made between 08:00 Tuesday 1 May 2018 and 23:59 Thursday 31 May 2018.
3. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of any subjects and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
4. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, by entering the competition, the entrant grants permission for the British Horse Society to feature any or all of the images on any of their social media accounts, website, in publications and/or promotional and/or advertising material, including reasonable modifications of the image.
5. The overall winner will be notified via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram by Thursday 7th June 2018.
6. One winning image will be selected by the Digital Communications Team at the BHS HQ. The winning image will be used on one or more social media channels. This selection shall be final; there is no right of appeal or discussion.
7. If we do not receive confirmation from the winner within 7 days the entry will be invalid and the runner up will be contacted. After this point the offer will be withdrawn. The process will then be repeated twice. After this, the offer will be withdrawn completely.
8. Full details of the prize will be supplied to the winner following notification.
9. The prize awarded may not be transferred or redeemed for cash and cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or special offers.
10. This promotion and these terms are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
11. The offer is subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice.
12. The offer is open to all UK residents except employees of The British Horse Society, their families, agents and agencies and anyone else professionally connected with this offer that are all precluded from participation. For entrants younger than 18 years old, parental/guardian consent must be sought. If parental/guardian consent is absent or found to be fraudulent in any way the offer will be withdrawn.
13. Details of how to enter form part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the participant agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Promoter: The British Horse Society, Abbey Park, Stareton, Kenilworth, Warwickshire CV8 2XZ. Company Registration No. 444742. The British Horse Society is a Registered Charity Nos. 210504 and SC038516.
14. Entry into the competition implies acceptance of these terms and conditions as final and binding.
15. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner agrees to the use of their name and their photograph to co-operate with or participate in any other reasonable post-Competition publicity. The winner may be required to take part in reasonable commercial publicity.
16. By entering the competition you are giving permission for your photograph be used in all and any media, including printed and electronic publications (including website, email and social media), presentations or promotional materials, in the advertising of the Society’s goods or services. You also grant the BHS permission to store electronic copies of the photograph(s) and/or video(s) for these purposes, in accordance with the British Horse Society’s data retention policy.
17. By entering this competition you agree that your personal details may be stored and otherwise processed by the Promoter for the purpose of administering the prize draw and in the event of being the winner of this prize draw for publicity purposes. Any such publicity may consist of publication of the winners’ names in the British Horse magazine, website and social media channels.
19. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue this prize draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its reasonable control. The decision of the Promoter in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value to the prize listed above in the event the original prize offered is no longer available for reasons outside the Promoters reasonable control. In all cases, the Promoters decision is final.
21. The promoter reserves the right to exclude any customer submissions which it considers fraudulent or based on misconduct.
22. The Promoter and its agents accept no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this promotion.
23. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. You are providing your information to the Promoter. By participating in this promotion you agree to a complete release of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram from any claims.